Skip to main content

SOULMATE; a story of a True-Lovers

 SOULMATE: A Tragic Story of a True-Lovers


.........a heart-touching love story.............


"Hi!...." Greeted Yoezer.

"Oh!....hello bro" I greeted back.
He was really ecstatic to meet me and was amusingly cuddling me. I could glance the immense ecstasy in his tears that glisten like the white ray of light propagating by dint of prism but the fact is, he isn't grieving instead dropping the tears of joy.

"Am really glad to meet you Jigme, my childhood friend!" He was practically and emotionally sobbing.

"Yoezer....I understood how much you're glad...don't shed your tears bro." I consoled him. His affirmation really touched my heart and to be honest, I almost burst into tears.

"That's great of you! I anticipated that from you." He remarked enthusiastically.

'' Thanks bro." I thanked him.
"Welcome!" He replied.

He was amused by mine demeanor. I am also greatly blessed to have such a good friend that we two regard.

"Bro...will you be able to come in coffee cafeteria at 5:00pm today? I have something to discuss." He requested.

"OK bro...I'll." I answered.
                               ***

Before four thirty I reached the café but more interestingly he was already waiting there. His too swiftness reminds me about the outside world that every official reaches venue prior-time.

"Kuzu zango bro...already yoechi bo?" I enquired.

"Already...da....chhi gyalkhab kyi custom jyelnootey...haha." He was chuckling brightly.

"En mey...I see." I too joked.

"Haha...gyeda beau in...sit here" He offered.

"OK Sire." I again chuckled. I'm fond of  joking with him because he never feels angry; has calm demeanour.

I sat just contrary to him. The place was sublime and superb like if I  have had spare time, I would always come here.
"Sirs...what do you want?" A young beautiful maid enquired providing with the menu list to Yoezer.

He ticked some of the foods and said," You can bring two plates of cakes and coffees each."
"Egged cake." I swiftly added.
"Laso La." She replied blushingly and went.

"Jigme...look at that snowy mountains and the blue ridges. How superb are they? Listen the chirping of birds. How melodious is it? How the gentle breeze dances on the lush blades of grasses? How...." He went on convincing the beauty of nature but I couldn't fully understand what he's actually trying to unravel.

"Wow! That's very poetic Yoezer." I responded excitedly leaning back on my chair.
"These beauties are the metaphors of our dreams Jigme." He said sobbing.
"But why Yoezer?" I said promptly though uncomfortably.
"Hah..."He took a deep sigh and said folding the menu into squares," If we're given a chance to enjoy like these elements." He again took a deep breath before he could finish but most of all were irony which I still didn't get. 

I remained dumbfounded for sometime and asked, "What're you talking about? I didn't get bro." I enquired in a consoling manner though I understood that he's going to reveal something difficult to cope by my heart.

"Look Jigme....though I went outside in Australia to earn dollars but nobody believed in me. Nobody gave me job. At least I got as a toilet cleaner with amount A$ 2 and two time meals per day but when it was the time to return Bhutan, I lost everything to the hands of asses." He cried leaning on me but I couldn't do anything other than shedding his tears.

"Hey look...I promised my mom that I will return with money that will be enough for us to live happily thereon but I couldn't. Now how can I show my ugly face to her without a note of Ngultrum. She might be obviously anticipating me to bring a lot of cake." He oozed his pain on my shoulder. I was bemused and couldn't utter a word.

Slowly I said," Yoezer don't mingle with such fusses. All will be right." I was sheerly wrecked by this unbearable story. I never experienced like this other than reading a tragic story of Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. "Bro. How it will be okey? How...can I say it to Sonam that I'm empty? She's already feared that her parents won't ascent the matrimony between us! Now tell me what can I do?" He cried like a girl but I remained perplexed and insane.

In a mean time, the cakes and café au lait was ready for supper. "Yoezer supper is ready!" I said gladly but falsely as I was already wilted. "Oh! Was it?" He grinned. "Yup" I responded. He twirled towards the table and provided a fake smile. My lips were already folded out of sadness and his pretence? He could still provide a fake smile, that's pretty good. "God how terrible!"I thought.

I offered him cake and café au lait but was reluctant to take. He wants to take wines and as a friend how can I allow him.  I couldn't block him, though. He drank and drank and drank until and unless he was swooned and lost his equilibrium. His eyes got inflamed, dilated, and swollen due to prolong cry. How heart-cracking! At once two worries in his psyche. How biased is God! I paid the bill and took him to my cell with great hardship as he wasn't able to pace single step indeed.
                                ***


                 It wasn't dawn when Yoezer went off regurgitating puke seriously. He was severely ill and need swift admit in the hospital. I phoned the ambulance and within no time I admitted him in the Jigme Dorji National Referral Hospital(JDNRH). 

                   I was sitting next to the operation room. The light aloft the door of the operation hall signaled the onset of operation. I was extremely frightened and felt sorry for my friend; it's just a useless to go overseas to earn money; it's better to work in our own land irrespective of sort of works and pay as other too experience the same, otherwise. 

I supplicated and pleaded the Almighty Gods for his rescue and sound health. I too called his girlfriend, Sonam, to help me feed him. I could see silvery tears wholly occupied in her cute little eyes. Such genuine was their LOVE. I was so sad to reminiscence what came about between me and mine girlfriend; had she just played with me or what? Having seen the true love between them, mine eyes too covered by the crocodile tears. 

She was enquiring each and every minute what happened to him but I couldn't tell the truth, I just plainly lied that he is just suffering from fever. After prolong waits, he recovered to health. Till that time, I was enquired by his mamma where is he each and every time? But the response she got were all the same--he is with me at Thimphu for short workshop.

Sonam and I took him to mine cell for the rest till he recovers completely. Sonam cared him perpetually. I time and again checked them and could see cuddling , kissing and laughing all the time. I was the hapless man, alone being left by my fairy few months before. I still remember how rude she became, how harsh did she do onto me, how intensely did she criticize me....but, did I do anything wrong to her? Am still blank. But am obvious  she just flaunted and flirted with me. If I quote her," Many thirsty men came and gone, it's just a normal story. I don't have any feelings for you as well, never mind that! Haha..."She mocks sarcastically. "What can I get by being with you? Nothing, right? A man who cannot stand on his feet, how can he feed his spouse? You wrapper!"

By the time he was completely sound, Sonam was being called by her parents for the Engagement Ceremony with an MA qualified man. Am sure she too lied her parents when she came to meet her Ill Love. No option left, she had to leave secretly one night without known by both of us. The subsequent day when we woke up, she was no more. I was tensed if she had left for home but I never shared this to Yoezer because if I had then obviously he would die out of malady.

I can't see him suffering like me anymore, so I persuaded him that he's healthy now and have to visit Sonam 's parents to ask for her hand. I, intentionally compelled him to go as I heard Sonam and her parents talk the previous night. She was crying wild in the park . He, too, was excited to go. We bid adieu to each other and he left for his village brightly.

Precisely, after one week I phoned him and inquired what happened but he speaks uncomprehensively and only the murmur flavoured with sobbing could be heard, not a single word is outbrought vividly. I was afraid if Sonam had married to that MA qualified man.  I made mine mind to visit him once...and there was catostrophy and unbearable! His mom told me they didn’t ascent her hand. The first and foremost question that I posed was, where is Yoezer now?
And she told he went to the parking up towards the hill.

I was shocked as well as bemused to see Sonam's weeding card being handed over to his mom and one for myself by the post man. Out of ire , I implored, "What's that?" But he simply replies a weeding card, smilingly. Dump shit! But in reality he's true. I couldn't stand still. I ran up to the hill  to inform about this tragedy to Yoezer  but he was not there. "Where the hell is he?" I murmured to myself. I ran down his room but the door was shut. I made several raps in vain and there was no response from other side. No alternative left, I banged the door to my utmost but ALAS! he is no more. I couldn't believe that Yoezer committed suicide though I saw by mine own eyes! 

 I couldn't neared him....my legs were too weak  and absurd to back me up. I was trembling , insane, thinkless by multiple thoughts and down to doom. I saw a photograph on his
table....Sonam's. ......and tattooed onto his chest with a symbol "I 💘 U SONAM" I was useless by the time.....I couldn't do anything to him....I lost him. I felt as if tears exploded into blood from mine eyes.

This was something I couldn't cope, so I ran to inform Sonam about this tragic incident. By the time I reached the venue...I was breathless. A beautiful and embellished banner hung on the gate melodiously says:

" KARMA WEEDS SONAM....A Happy Marriage!
Welcome!"

At first I felt like tearing it apart into millions of pieces but as a human I should maintain humanitarian.  I impaled through it and got into the crowd like a mad; apparently death. Everyone was taken aback and staring at me. I don't know what they might have thought, probably misinterpretation. I asked a girl in Kira where is Sonam and she responded she's inside her room blushingly. I felt sorry that someone could still blush at this culmination point? But I reassured myself that it might be cause the dern is confidential. I was forcefully getting through the crowd when I heard someone crying wild. Everyone was murmuring and buzzing like the bees....I enquired what came about to an elderly woman and she replies Sonam had committed suicide, ruefully. Alas! Suicide?

I broke down every where. Neither I could help Yoezer nor Sonam. I requested their parents to cremate them together at the same crematorium. I feel sublime to see two flowers being knotted naturally at the place where they were cremated.
At night when I pass through that crematorium, I could hear two black and blur figures whispering into mine ears with the note of thanks. But due to the strong gale, I couldn't hear them properly. I thought they're Sonam and Yoezer. "Live together both of you." I pray all the time.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fate Is Cruel

Fate Is Cruel~ SK Monger   I was by then only five years old when I was admitted to the newly launched Kindergarten, a five miles away school from my villa. I couldn't walk like the strong boys do, trotting like a well-built horse. Girls were by my side but only when I got something to offer them, such were them . I tholed a lot to complete my Pre-Primary schooling. As me being a girl who have to walk a long distance, I was exhausted and fatigued. When I felt hungry, I ate those maize corn packed in a shawl which my mother used to wrap me when I felt cold when I was yet a toddler . I haven't got that privilege to be with my father that other children get. When enquired my mom usually warned me not to ask it again but the fact is still confidential and mysterious.   With constant persistent and eternal endurance, I completed my Primary Schooling and got transferred to the Middle Secondary School which is yet afar. I was all the time isolated, not had confidence to approach other

Brother, You're a great liar

BROTHER, YOU'RE A GREAT LIAR!  a story about Brother and Sister "Yaay! Brother. I am qualified for eleven!" Soelzom exclaims over joyously to her brother Namgyal. She comes from her friend house checking her class ten result which is declared on that particular day, 19th of January. "Oh! Are you sure?" Enquires Namgyal impressively in out-and-out astonishment. "Yaup. I am qualified for eleven!" She replies in full escatsy and continues, "You too could have studied, bro." "Oh! Yeah, but....!"He says in a low voice with full of tears on the 'circled-rings-of-his-eyes'. "Bro, what happened? " She enquires with bit fear in her voice. "Ahh! Nothing. Am all right. " He simulates himself in normal swing. "If you're all right, why tears in your eyes then?" She inquires inquisitively for certain something wrong is going by dint of her brother. "About this tears? You won't g